U.S. Department of Transportation/Federal Highway Administration
About the Federal Highway Administration:
The Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) is part of the United States Department of Transportation and is headquartered in Washington, D.C., with field offices across the United States. We pursue excellence in all our endeavors. As pioneers and innovators in cutting-edge highway technologies, we provide leadership, in cooperation with our partners, to enhance the country’s economic vitality, quality of life, and environment.
Perhaps the best thing about FHWA is the ability to enhance and expand our job. FHWA employees are encouraged to expand their horizons and make contributions to the broader transportation community. Initiative and imagination are encouraged. We can move in a variety of directions as well as into management while staying within one organization – having many different careers while not changing employer. In effect, we can achieve our dreams.
– Civil Engineering, Structure Engineering, Transportation Engineering
– Accounting, Finance, Financial Management, Business Management (emphasis in Finance)
– Civil Engineering
– Community Planning, Urban Planning, Transportation Planning, Urban Studies, Geographic Info. Systems (GIS)
– Public Administration, Policy, Human Resources, Government
– Classification and Staffing, Employment/Recruitment, Employee Awards, Learning and Development
– Civil Engineering, Planning, Quality Assurance
– Business Administration, Acquisition Management, Contract Management, Real Estate Services
Environmental Protection Specialists
– Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Planning, Environmental Science, Biology, Ecology, Geography
Civil Rights/EEO Specialists