About Stewart Enterprises:
Founded in 1910, Stewart Enterprises, Inc. is the second largest provider of funeral and cemetery services in the death care industry in the United States.We provide a complete range of funeral merchandise and services, along with cemetery property both at the time of need and on a preneed basis.
At Stewart we are committed to creating an environment of “Employee First.” Our caring cultural standards are what sets us apart from all the rest.Our mission is to care for people who need to make funeral and burial arrangements or want to plan in advance for this inevitable need. The dedicated and experienced employees in our funeral homes and cemeteries make a real difference in the lives of the people they serve.
Professional Sales Counselor
1. Sells Company cemetery and/or funeral home services, property and merchandise in accordance with established sales objectives and procedures. Sales are both at-need and/or preneed for cemetery and preneed only for funeral. Funding mechanisms for prearrangements include cash sales, installment sales, trusts and insurance contracts. Specific responsibilities and qualifications may be determined by the available funding mechanism.
2. Completes contracts and other documents as required to provide sales and customer service.
3. Provides client family services in support of the primary sales responsibility. Services include answering questions, escorting visitors, researching client family files and records and assisting client families as needed.
4. Develops sales leads through personal contacts, telephone solicitation activity and group marketing activities such as mall kiosks or home show booths.
5. The work activities of the employee occur at: (1) the assigned Company location; and (2) in prospective client family homes where the FSC makes presentations for the purpose of selling PNFS and cemetery prearrangements.
6. Whenever practical, attends visitations, funeral and interment services of client families. This serves the dual purpose of expressing personal interest and concern for the family and strengthening relationships for follow-up calls and appointments with extended family, friends and associates directed to preneed sales presentations.
7. Attends sales meeting and group sales activities as directed.
8. Maintains records of personal sales activity, hours worked and performance results in the manner prescribed by the Company.