The Kroger Company
About The Kroger Company:
Kroger, one of the nation’s largest retail grocery chains, is honored to celebrate its 125th anniversary! The Company’s more than 320,000 associates serve customers in 2,476 supermarkets and multi-department stores in 31 states under two dozen local banners including Kroger, Ralphs, Fred Meyer, Food 4 Less, Fry’s, King Soopers, Smith’s, Dillons, QFC and City Market. Kroger associates also serve customers in 779 convenience stores, 393 fine jewelry stores and 737 supermarket fuel centers the Company operates. The Company also operates 41 food processing plants in the U.S. Headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, Kroger focuses its charitable efforts on supporting hunger relief, health and wellness initiatives, and local schools and grassroots organizations in the communities it serves.
The Kroger Co. values honesty, integrity, safety, diversity, inclusion and respect. We look for these qualities in the associates we hire.
Kroger-Fortune 500 Company-Seeking Store Management
The Kroger Co.
Division Position Profile
Position Title: Store Management – Assistant Manager
Location: Metro Atlanta Area
Position Reports To: Unit Manager
Pay Level: TBD
FLSA Status: Exempt
As part of the management team of a Kroger store, you will direct the day to day merchandising, operational, human resources and customer service. Implement all programs, policies and procedures to accomplish the required expectations of the store and company in accordance with Kroger’s policy on business ethics: through consistent and honest dealings with employees, vendors, customers and all outside parties.
If you are in search of an opportunity to use your leadership, creativity, communication and people skills in a rewarding environment, then the Kroger Co. has a place for you on its team. We are actively seeking men and women who share our passion for customer service, fairness, respect, openness, leadership, and honesty. The opportunities are endless.
We have immediate openings available in the Southeast for our Kroger Retail Management Training Program.
As a Kroger Management trainee, you will participate in an 18 week nationally recognized training program that leads to a position of Assistant Store Manager in one of our Southeast locations. We have positions available in Atlanta, Macon, Savannah, Huntsville.
Essential Job Functions:
Assistant Store Managers assist the Store Managers in managing the total store, to include but not limited to:
• Sales and profit growth.
• Recruitment, hiring and periodic operations evaluation.
• Reward and evaluation of employees.
• Discipline up to and including termination or make recommendation to terminate employees.
• Transfer personnel or recommend transfer, recommend personnel for promotion, quality customer service.
• Customer and employee safety.
• Management of controllable overhead.
• Total store merchandising programs.
• Cash management and control.
• Support of company goals and objectives.
• Managing change.
• Promoting a positive work and shopping environment.
• The Assistant Store Managers are responsible for total store operations in absence of the Store Manager.
Some of the Competencies/Skills required to successfully perform this position are:
• Building Strategic Working Relationships – Developing and using collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
• Building Trust – Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
• Communication – Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
• Customer Focus – Making customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships.
• Inclusion – Appreciating and leveraging the capabilities, insights, and ideas of all individuals. Working effectively with individuals of diverse style, ability, and motivation for a direct effect on business results.
• Planning and organizing – Establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
• Managing Work (includes Time Management) – Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
• Safety Awareness – Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards
Minimum Position Qualifications:
• Two years Retail Management Experience
• A high level of reasoning development which ensures the ability to apply common sense in the solution of varied and often complex problems.
• The ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
• Well-developed problem solving skills.
• A high level of written and verbal communication skills.
• A high level of financial / analytical skills.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or Business related field preferred.
• 2 years of retail management experience
• Ability to work a variety of schedules as required (including weekends and holidays
The Kroger Co. Offers:
• Competitive Pay
• A structure training and development program
• A medical/ Dental/Vision/401K
• Stock Purchase Plan
• Bonus Potential
• Store Employee Discount
• And many more benefits