Functional Resume Template
Your First and Last Name
Street Address, City, State ZIP
Telephone Number – Email Address
Clearly and concisely explain what you offer and what you seek. Focus on specific industries or lines of business but avoid listing job titles.
“Organized, enthusiastic quick study with great ability to multitask and problem-solve seeks an opportunity in sales and customer service.”
This section should support why you would be ideal for the objective. In bulleted form, emphasize your strengths such as key skills, capabilities, community service, and personality traits. If you are looking for a career in a field that you do not have specific qualifications in, highlight some transferable and marketable skills that you do have.
- EXCEPTIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE: Strong communication skills to understand customer needs and provide exceptional results. Track record of successfully dealing with difficult personalities to resolve dissatisfaction.
- HIGHLY RESPONSIBLE AND ETHICAL: Experienced in handling large amounts of cash, making bank deposits and maintaining records of transactions.
- ADAPTABLE TO NEW TECHNOLOGY: Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and able to operate all major office equipment.
- INDEPENDENT AND TEAM PLAYER: Enjoy collaborating with colleagues, clients, and customers, as well as completing tasks independently. Eager to motivate and inspire others to deliver their best.
- ORGANIZED AND MOTIVATED: Skilled in maintaining order amidst chaos and ever-changing challenges. Able to seamlessly multi-task long and short-term priorities to generate desired results.
PROFESSIONAL (AND/OR) VOLUNTEER SERVICE
In this section, you will list your employment and/or volunteer history. You may opt to leave off the dates if the experience took place more than 10 years ago. If you’re not sure of the exact months, you can include years only.
- Date (Month/Year to Month/Year), Job Title, Company, and Location (City, State)
If you’ve taken any recent continuing education programs, include those first. Then list additional degrees or coursework. Your date of graduation is optional. Include any special honors you received.
- Recent coursework and continuing education programs you have attended
- Degree, Major, Date of graduation (optional), College or University, City, State
ACTIVITIES AND INTERESTS
In this last section, you’ll tout any activities or interests that show how well-rounded you are. If you speak multiple languages, include that information here. This section is optional, but encouraged.
- Language skills: Conversant in Spanish
- Hobbies: Yoga, tennis, and Scrabble