Online Career Fair FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions about the Women For Hire Online Career Fairs:
- Why has Women For Hire transitioned to online career fairs?
- What is your Spring 2014 Online Career Fair schedule?
- What is an Exclusive Single Company Open House?
- What kind of technology do I need to participate in your Online Career Fair?
- How much bandwidth do I need to participate in your Online Career Fair?
- Who is Brazen Careerist?
- How does the Online Career Fair work?
- How many recruiters can attend the event?
- What will my “booth” look like?
- What types of employers participate in your Online Career Fairs?
- How many candidates are expected at each Women For Hire Online Career Fair?
- What is the ethnic background for expected candidates?
- What is the typical Women For Hire candidate?
- How do you advertise your events?
- What is the cost to attend and what is included?
- How many employers are expected to exhibit?
- How much do the Online Career Fairs cost and what is included?
- How do I sign up my company?
- What happens once my company registers for an Online Career Fair?
- What other services does Women For Hire offer?
Why has Women For Hire transitioned to online career fairs?
Based on very clear trends and feedback from both candidates and employers, we are focusing exclusively on Nationwide Online Career Fairs. At a much lower price point, these high impact events will allow your company to connect with the highest quality female candidates one-on-one while building your resume database, all from your own computer. Alone or combined with a presence on the WomenForHire.com Job Board, the Online Career Fairs are an unbeatable combination to yield results. Online events also give multiple regions or offices involved in a single event a one low, all inclusive cost.
What is your Spring 2014 Online Career Fair schedule?
Spring Nationwide Online Career Fair 2014 Dates:
Thursday, February 27
Thursday, March 27
Thursday, April 24
*Exclusive Single Company Open House: Scheduled during consultation with Women For Hire and Brazen Careerist for a time during the peak of your recruiting cycle.
What is an Exclusive Single Company Open House?
In addition to online career fairs, Women For Hire and Brazen Careerist offer Exclusive Online Open House for a single company. In a fully-branded exclusive event, your recruiters will chat one-on-one with candidates from Women For Hire’s unique candidate pool. Sourcing for the high-impact Online Open House includes outreach to the Women For Hire robust database of over 200,000 engaged women, partner colleges, diversity and professional organizations, and women’s groups who readily share our resources across networks. Also, your company will be front and center in the Open House promotion through our social network, which exceeds 100,000, between LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms such as Instagram, Pinterest and more.
Exclusive Online Open Houses are scheduled during the peak of your recruiting cycle, as determined in a consultation with Women For Hire and Brazen Careerist.
What kind of technology do I need to participate in your Online Career Fair?
A computer and internet connection is all that’s needed.
*Brazen Careerist recommends that you use the latest versions of Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari to access the event at optimal performance.
How much bandwidth do I need to participate in your Online Career Fair?
The online event platform is not a high bandwidth application. A consistent connection is the primary requirement over bandwidth. To help optimize performance, we recommend you close other high-bandwidth windows while the event is running, such as streaming video or music players. General web browsing while attending the event is acceptable, and encouraged!
Who is Brazen Careerist?
Brazen Careerist believes everyone deserves a job they love. They offer real-time tools and online events for professionals to create and expand their professional network and connect with recruiters and companies seeking top young professional talent. Women For Hire has partnered with Brazen Careerist because their unprecedented Online Career Fair platform is clean, efficient, and effective. Email [email protected] to schedule a demo of the platform.
How does the Online Career Fair work?
You may be surprised at how easy it is. View this 2:30 minute demo video to learn how it works:
How many recruiters can attend the event?
Up to three recruiters are included in the event fee. Additional recruiters can be purchased at $135 per recruiter.
What will my ‘booth’ look like?
Your booth will be fully branded outside and inside. When a candidate clicks on your branded booth, they enter your dedicated page, where you can include text, images, and video to allow candidates to experience your company while waiting to talk to your next available recruiter.
What types of employers participate in your Online Career Fairs?
Our career fairs are not industry specific, so we attract a wide range of employers representing a cross-section of industries. Their needs range from entry level to mid-level talent. Fortune 1,000 companies, large local employers, government agencies, not-for-profit organizations, reputable direct sales/work from home opportunities, universities and colleges and top staffing firms participate in our events.
How many candidates are expected at each Women For Hire Online Career Fair?
During Online Career Fair season we see an average of 2,040 registrants for each event and 652 attendees, with an average conversion rate of 33%. We project an increase in numbers as momentum and employer participation in our online platform grows.
What is the ethnic background for expected candidates?
More than 60% of the candidates that attended our career fairs last season were diverse females.
What is the typical Women For Hire candidate?
Average for 2013 season*:
65% of attendees hold at least a bachelor’s degree
35% hold a master’s degree, JP, PhD or other advanced degree
20% seek accounting or finance opportunities
20% seek sales or marketing opportunities
20% seek engineering and IT opportunities
40% seek opportunities in a mix of areas, including consulting, education, government, healthcare, HR, law enforcement, legal, and retail.
- Years of Experience1-2 Years: 10%
3-5 Years: 18%
6-8 Years: 22%
8-10 Years: 16%
10+ Years: 25%
Recent College Grad: 9%
*Note: These percentages may vary depending on the needs of participating employers. For example, for events with a significant number of technology jobs, we’ll see more than 20% of attendees with such experience. Our marketing efforts mirror the needs of the participating employers, which is one reason why we request your job descriptions for the online profile.
How do you advertise your events?
The aggressive, grassroots campaign in each market includes but is not limited to:
- Online marketing including targeted e-mail campaigns and online postings through more than a dozen recruitment partners.
- Online promotion via WomenForHire.com and through our proprietary database of over 200,000 professional women nationwide.
- Social Media Promotion via Women For
- Outreach efforts to dozens of colleges and universities, which include support from campus career services, professors, student groups and alumni associations.
- Outreach to more than 250 professional organizations across industries on a national and local level, which support our events through extensive email promotion.
How many employers are expected to exhibit?
We are expecting 20-40 companies at each event.
How much do the Online Career Fairs cost and what is included?
Nationwide Online Career Fair Rates
» 1 event: $895
» 2 events: $1590 ($795 per event)
» 3 events: $2085 ($695 per event)
Exclusive Online Open House Rates
Please email us for pricing and to learn more.
Online Career Fair Attendance Includes:
- Fully-branded and customized booth, including the ability to display open positions, videos, benefits information and more
- An account for up to 3 recruiters, with an option for more
- Dedicated, personalized account support
- Inclusion in advertising and promotion to Women For Hire database of over 200,000 candidates
- Logo and link on the Women For Hire website (Forbes Top 100 Websites for Women), with an option for Featured Employer status and Preferred Employer status
- Resume and profile data of every candidate who registered for the event (not just the women you chatted with during the event)
- Opportunity for exclusive discounts to the WomenForHire.com Job Board
How do I sign up my company?
You can register & pay online or register via email (for invoicing): Please call 212-290-2600 or email to request an event registration form.
What happens once my company registers for an Online Career Fair?
Someone from Brazen Careerist will contact you within 3-5 days of your registration to share and gather all the information you need to successfully prepare for and attend the event.
What other services does Women For Hire offer?
In addition to our signature Online Career Fairs, Women For Hire offers online advertising, an online national sponsorship program, and an online job board, that help leading employers connect with top-notch professional women in all fields. We also specialize in developing customized solutions to meet specific recruitment goals and challenges. Please let us know if you would like information on any of these programs by emailing or calling 212-290-2600.