Aim for Raises, Not Praises
Chellie Campbell, author of From Worry to Wealthy: A Woman’s Guide to Financial Success Without the Stress, says women often make the mistake of working for “praises rather than raises.”
Whether you’re looking for a raise, want to start a company or home-based business, or would like to retire, Chellie shares these five resolutions to help women get ahead this year:
1) Ask For More Money – Chances are you aren’t charging as much as you’re worth. Do some research on rates of pay—don’t just ask the people you know, especially if they’re women who might be under earning. Put a higher value on yourself and watch what happens.
2) Design Your High Budget -Budget should stand for “Baby-U-Deserve-Getting-Every-Thing.” Design a budget where you’re spending what you would like to be earning – how much is that? See the possibilities and feel the richness of that existence.
3) Create an Action Plan to Achieve Your High Budget– Besides being paid more to do what you’re doing now, what else could you be doing that pays more? Should you go back to school? Create a business out of your hobby? Invent a toy, write a book or create an app? Being in action towards a treasured goal is the surest way to fight off worry and stress.
4) Focus on the Positive – Focus your energy on what you intend to create. Remember to be grateful for all the good you have in your life. If you woke up today, you’re ahead!
5) Play More – Put yourself on the priority list and make sure you’re taking time to play, to relax, to enjoy this rich life. Life is short, and you don’t want to die with too many vacation days in the bank.
Submit a Comment