With more than 30 years experience in the field of image consulting and Branding for People™, Sandy is recognized as the leading pioneer in the new field of image psychology and impression strategies for business professionals.
Because of her unique technical background, Sandy has become known as THE Image Architect. Sandy is the author of four e-books and three DVDs on the subject of image and image makeovers. Sandy is also the President of the Norfolk Chapter of the National Speaker’s Association.
After graduating from the John Robert Powers Fashion & Finishing School of Washington, DC, she went on to become one of the top fashion models in DC. She also worked in San Francisco and throughout Europe. She began her career as an image consultant in Washington, DC.
While living in Brussels, Belgium, Sandy founded Impression Strategies Institute™, a consulting company specializing in impression management, image psychology, image consulting, wardrobe consulting and Branding for People™.
Sandy has consulted for TV, magazines, Fortune 500 companies, politicians and celebrities. Sandy Dumont is featured regularly on radio and TV. At the Impression Strategies Institute, Sandy teaches others the necessary skills to become top-notch image consultants.
Dumont is a member of the National Speakers Association of the US. She has lectured and coached throughout Europe, and is recognized there as a leader in image development.
Dumont is a founding member of the Professional Speakers Association, and in 1997 was chosen by the Belgian Radio & Television (BRT) to serve as their color & image consultant when they launched their new look.
Other clients have included WTKR-TV, TV Brussels (CBS), CBN-TV, Honeywell, Sheraton Hotels, Meridien Hotels, American Express Financial Advisors, N.Y. Life, Farmers Financial Services, ITT, Rolex, US Navy & Air Force, US Embassy of Brussels, TWA, Yves St. Laurent Cosmetics, Lancôme and more.
– “Change Your Image, Change Your Life!” — The way you look and dress announces the outcome other people can expect from you. Learn the secrets for making a powerful impact upon others at a single glance. This session includes powerful makeovers of real clients in a PowerPoint presentation, as well as demos with volunteers from the audience.
– Three Image Mistakes That Cost YOU Money — Learn to outclass the competition by avoiding 3 common image mistakes that undermine credibility and success. Discover the tools and tips that empower and produce success in every aspect of a person’s life.
– Branding For People™ — For executives who want to establish their personal “signature” image. This workshop ensures an image that makes a powerful statement and conveys credibility, professionalism, distinctiveness, dynamism, polish, and worldly perspective. It is a hands-on workshop personalized for each participant.
– Your Image and Your Success — Ensures that the image of employees reflects the caliber of your products or services. Teaches basic image skills, including grooming, to increase pride, confidence, and productivity. This interactive workshop includes hands-on demos and 3-minute makeovers.
When it comes to image, results rule, and I get results. My workshops change lives; and they are fun and entertaining. They are also interactive, and participants not only get to give their reactions to B & A photos of the same person, they get to vote on the one they perceive to be the most successful, dynamic, etc. This is how they discover that not only THEY judge, but everyone else does, too.
Workshops are designed to create awareness as they educate participants. By the end of the workshop, most people are motivated to make powerful changes with their image. Dress codes don’t work, educating and having the light bulb go off does!
My workshops are like “What Not to Wear” with a PhD. Most of the information in print concerning color and image are hopelessly outdated and have been superseded by experience. I am the acknowledged leader and expert in the field of color, image and impression strategies.
My school, The Impression Strategies Institute, was created to lead the way and strengthen credibility in the field of image consulting.
My background is unique:
– Former high-fashion runway and photo model
– Graduate of The John Robert Power Finishing and Fashion School in Washington, DC
– Former faculty member of The Barbizon (Fashion) School.
– Lifelong student of art, giving unique technical background
– Certified in counseling techniques from “The Institute for Deep Therapy” in Brussels, Belgium
– Instructor in Assertiveness Training for women
– Speaker with National Speakers Association
– Founding member Professional Speakers Assn., U.K.
– Workshop presenter (corporate image) for more than 25 years
– Have lived on both coasts of the US and in London and Brussels
– Author of Four books and 3 DVDs
– Director of The Impression Strategies Institute
“Thank you so much – the changes are for the better. I feel more confident and it has shown in my interactions with patients.”
Dr. Gary Rhame
“Thank you for presenting two excellent sessions on image at the Virginia Community Colleges Association convention in Williamsburg, They were both great and very popular. People were talking about some of your tips at breakfast on Saturday. You have a great message that needs to be heard in the college system.”
“I have implemented many of the things you suggested for my 50 employees and I am seeing a difference. You were right – customers can quickly pick out the managers. Also, on the personal side, I have much more confidence in the things I wear. “
President Dodd RV
Newport News, Virginia
“As an Image Builder of TV & film celebrities and politicians for 10 years, I wanted to expand my awareness and have absolute assurance that I know everything there is to know about color and image consulting. I feel totally empowered with Sandy Dumont’s method, because I saw for myself that it works.”
Mexico City, Mexico
“I immediately made the changes you suggested, even when going to the grocery store, and had complete strangers pass by me and tell me how pretty I was. What a confidence builder that is!”
Betty Kaye Schomburg
“I experienced an immediate increase in sales when I made the changes you suggested and placed more focus on my image. “
President Ianucci Financial Services
“… Sandy has created a revolution in the field of image and its power and simplicity will astound you!”
Buena Park, California
“Your presentation at the eWomen Network conference in Dallas last week was worth the entire price of admission. You showed live examples that we could see with our own eyes how a slight colour change is like an instant facelift. Instead of looking good – look great!”
Kim Switnicki, ACC, ECPC
Sex Educator, Author, Speaker & Coach